SALES PLAN DEVELOPMENT
Looking for the best possible sales strategy to achieve your revenue and profit goals? Without exception, our strategic sales plans have resulted in significant sales increases and improvements.
Our success in creating client sales plans starts with our well-honed analytical skills. After dozens of hours of interviews, observations, data collection and research, we’re able to identify the highest-payback sales strategy and methods to achieve the desired results. We then meet with management to brainstorm options and mutually select the best possible sales strategy.
Effective Sales Plans
Although each sales plan we develop is unique, they tend to have the following elements in common:
- Sales revenue and margin objectives
- Analysis of key competitors and creation of competitive positioning
- Sales strategy selection
- Development of value proposition
- Target market selection and segmentation
- Sales channel selection
- Sales staffing and compensation plans
- Staff development, training and coaching plans
- Buying process analysis and sales process selection
- Prospecting, lead generation and customer acquisition strategy
- Sales operation and support plans
- Sales management and measurement systems
- Territory sales plans & territory sales strategy
- Key account sales plans
- Sales and marketing integration
- Implementation plan
Typical Questions Addressed
- What should be our short and long-term objectives and sales strategy?
- What are the highest ROI target markets to sell to?
- Who are our key competitors and how can we consistently beat them?
- What sales strategy and methods (e.g. telesales, field sales, channel sales, marketing) should be used to acquire new customers?
- How can we grow our existing accounts?
- How should we staff our sales department, and what sales candidate traits are ideal?
- What is the ideal pay range and structure to motivate superior performance?
- What is the ideal sales process and what skills will salespeople need?
- How should territories be organized?
- How will we monitor and measure the effectiveness of our sales plan?
- How can our marketing department best support our sales efforts?
Related Sales Alliance Programs
- Sales Improvement Program & Sales Strategy Development
- Sales Consultant Services
- Sales Compensation Plans
- Sales Training Classes
- Sales Audit of Best Practices
- Sales Management Training Program
Sales Plan and Sales Strategy Prerequisites
Sales plans are dependent on a clear corporate mission and objectives. Ideally, a company will have a valid business plan prior to developing their sales plans.
Components of a good business plan include:
- Sales & Marketing Plan: Addresses products sold, price & margin strategies, marketing & promotion, competition, distribution & sales channels, sales strategy and the elements in the sales plan
- Operations Plan: Addresses production, manufacturing and company operations
- Finance Plan: Addresses methods of raising capital, funding operations and working with vendors and clients
- Company Plan: Includes corporate structure/ownership, management organization, market positioning, advisory boards and long-term objectives
Our Sales Consultant
Client sales plans are developed by our most senior sales consultant, Craig Arnoff. Mr. Arnoff is the founder and owner of The Sales Alliance Inc. In his 22 years working with clients, Mr. Arnoff has developed over 80 corporate sales plans, is recognized as a sales strategy expert and is responsible for several hundred million dollars in incremental sales. Please see Craig Arnoff’s biographical sketch.
In short, engaging a seasoned sales management consultant is key to creating highly-effective sales plans and a comprehensive sales strategy.
All Rights Reserved. The Sales Alliance Inc. San Diego, CA